Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Chapter 9 Conference with Students

Whew! When I saw the heading for this conference my first reaction was what she stated in her first paragraph. There was no way I was going to be able to conference with all my kids every week. After reading this chapter I realized that I have done quite a few of the things that are considered conferencing. I definitely need to do alot more and more consistently with my class. This chapter was very good and gives a great deal of information to help the students become better writers. I was pleased that I was doing some of theses things and pleased that I felt this chapter was very helpful to me.

3 comments:

Vicky Richardson said...

I agree Tim, I was glad to hear we are already doing some of the conferencing techniques! I too need to work on being more consistent with modeling other types of conferencing.

astambaugh said...

I felt the chapter was very helpful also. It is a good feeling when you read techniques that a book or author is wanting you to be using. Like you and Vicky I need to be more consistent as well.

Brenda Dunning said...

I was also glad to hear the variety of conferencing techniques Routman suggested. I was certain she was going to want us to formally conference with each student each week.