Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Chapter 7 Be Efficient and Integrate Basic Skills

Writing with meaning and to an audience is something we have all been trying to do. I suppose some of us still get caught up in teaching skills first and making sure that the writers know how to write correctly so that their papers are perfect instead of letting them write and then learn as they go. Not having taught writing for very long, I'm still learning all the in and outs of teaching writing. I'm not an expert and I've got along way to go to be a decent writing teacher. As I read these chapters, all kinds of thoughts go through my head as to whether the author is full of herself to she must be the guru of teaching writing. I don't know whether she knows what she is doing or if this is the perfect way to teach writing. I think she has some great ideas but I'm still leery to some of her ideas. I think mini lessons are a great idea and I should incorporate them more in my classroom. I hope I can become a better teacher by reading this book and hope that she shows me how.

No comments: