Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Chapter 8 Organize for Daily Writing

This chapter seems to put writing at the top of the list for all curriculum. This is nice but as we know there are other subjects just as important as writing. The State makes that quite obvious. I'm sure the author is an unbelievable awesome teacher at teaching writing and or reading and that this is her specialty. Looking at the schedule for the 4th grade class, it would be great to have a schedule like that. It is so much harder to get the time in when you have band and pullouts and all the other time consuming things that go on in the school day. I do see what she is trying to accomplish with writing and making better writers by reading. I do think that being organized and knowing your subject matter is very important and that you should write everyday but to me that would be the perfect school with the perfect students to be able to do that. I feel like I'm a terrible teacher because I can't do all these things she suggests. I hope to be able to be half the teacher she is but evidently I have a long way to go.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Tim, give yourself more credit. Authors always make it look so easy when we (the people who are in the real world) know how hard it is to implement all that she suggests. I read this, picking and choosing what works for me and putting the other on the back burner.